Big, Big News
Up to 9 Courts Available
6 Courts at the Meaford Arena and 3 Courts at the Harbour Pavilion this summer.
The following is a sample of our play schedule which will undoubtedly change throughout the playing season. We hope to start the outdoor season June 7 within Provincial guidelines and weather permitting.
The goal is to offer a variety of experiences. We will be a designating each session around the following kinds of playing categories which we will update once we have our numbers and player sign-ups. All sessions and numbers are subject to Covid restrictions at this time.
We are starting our season outdoors at the Harbour Pavlion Courts June 7.
Categories of play possible:
- Open Play – everyone is welcome
- Men’s Only and Women’s Only
- Intermediate Only – The Club will have a skill assessment tool available to rate players subject to various factors. USAPA/Pickleball Canada ratings are accepted. This provides for play with “like-skilled players”
- Learn to Play Orientation – it is important for beginners to receive a level of instruction before playing actual games. This will introduce you to the basic rules and fundamentals as well as guide you in getting set up with the Ezin sign up system.
- Singles – if interest, there could be limited slots available for singles.
- Mixed Doubles Intermediate
- These scheduled times will be divided into game blocks. We usually play for about 2 hrs at a time.
- RATINGS SCALE: USAPA rating profile is quite descriptive and can be found here.
Proposed Schedule – June 7, 2021
We will update this schedule each Saturday evening for the following week. Please note the Arena may be booked for Vaccine Clinics and will take priority over all other bookings. Ezin game invitations usually go out one week prior to game day. Limitations will apply until Covid restrictions are lifted.
|9:00-10:15||Harbour Ct||Harbour Ct||Harbour Ct||Harbour Ct|
|10:30-11:45||Harbour Ct||Harbour Ct||Harbour Ct||Harbour Ct|
|1:00-2:00||Intro Session at Harbour||Intro Session at Harbour||Intro Session at Harbour|
Capacity Projections: Based on provincial guidelines. Schedule may change – be sure to check back for updated information each Saturday for the coming week.
Introductory Sessions: Each week we will offer introductory sessions for new players. We encourage all new players to join these sessions to learn the basics before playing in regularly scheduled games. Sign up for these sessions will be coordinated through our Coach/Instructor Brian Bell. Please feel free to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outdoor Play: Harbour Pavilion Courts
Prior to Step 1: June 7 – June 12 – 5 players maximum including a Court Host
Step # 1: June 14 – June 19 – 10 players maximum including a Court Host
More days may be added as the numbers warrant.
Step # 2: July 5 – July 25 – 25 players maximum including Court Hosts
Step # 3: Opening of Indoor Play at the Meaford Arena along with outdoor play.
Date for indoor play TBA: possibly July 26 with limited capacities.
The Harbour Pavilion and Pad may be booked on certain dates by other groups for events which may restrict our pickleball schedule. Such times as Tuesday evenings June through August every other week may be booked for the Golden Town Cruisers as well as Friday afternoon and evenings for the Farmer’s Market, Covid-19 restrictions notwithstanding. We will highlight specific dates when they are known and set.
Love our new Library?
This summer MPC is providing loaner paddles and balls to the Meaford Library to add to the collection! We hope this will encourage people who do not have paddles or may not have tried the game to do so at the Tennis Courts. This is a great way for you to introduce others to the game as well – book out some paddles and head on down to the Tennis Courts on Eliza St. just past the High School.
Here is an outline of how the game is played as an FYI!